Open to all students daily from 8am - 3.30pm
The school is very proud of its School Library, a vibrant and busy learning hub at the heart of the school. It is open to students daily from 8am – 3.30pm and boasts a wide range of resources, including:
- Approximately eight thousand volumes of classic and contemporary children's and young adult fiction
- Over six thousand information and reference books on a wide range of topics to support and extend work done in class and reflect pupils' interests.
- Computer suite
- DVD Library
- Ninety iPads loaded with an extensive selection of educational and recreational apps.
- Thirty-six kindles, each containing around a hundred titles. Available for weekly loan.
- Local history section and school archive
- Popular magazines
- Selection of board games
- Calendar of book-themed events, including our Annual Book Fair, participation in Bolton Children's Fiction Awards, author visits, readathon's, World Book Day celebrations and story-telling sessions.
The interactive Library software allows users to access the library catalogue. The user-friendly home page provides a portal to a range of features, including book searches, book reviews, top ten most popular books, newly arrived stock, author interviews and much more.
The library stock is continually refreshed to ensure that all borrowers find something to capture their imaginations.