BTEC TECH AWARD - Enterprise
Course contact: Mr Weaver - firstname.lastname@example.org
Specification: BTEC Tech Award
Return to Year 9 Options Homepage
In Enterprise (BTEC Tech Award), students will learn about how businesses are set up, the features of different types of business and how enterprises target different markets to make the most profit.
The course will develop your knowledge of break-even charts and how companies use these and will teach you to look at other factors that must be considered when a new business starts up. It will also develop your understanding of the different roles/tasks within a business and look at attracting and retaining customers in the industry.
A typical lesson might involve...
• Individual, paired and group work
• The use of workbooks, learning mats and interactivities
• The use of computers to research tasks and improve your knowledge
• Practical lessons to develop creative skills
• Homework and independent home learning
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through three units:
• Component 1: 30% - Exploring Enterprises - A piece of coursework
assessed internally, where learners will examine different local
enterprises to develop their knowledge and understanding of the
characteristics of enterprises and the skills needed by entrepreneurs.
• Component 2: 30% - Planning and Pitching an Enterprise Activity -
Learners will individually select an idea for a micro-enterprise activity
to plan and pitch. They will individually pitch their idea to an audience
and then use the feedback to review their plan and pitch.
• Component 3: 40% - Promotioon and Finance for Enterprise - An
external assessment, Component 3 builds directly onto Components
1 and 2 and enables learning to be brought together and applied
to realistic contents. Learners are required to analyse and interpret
information in relation to an enterprise and make recommendations
on strategies to use to improve the performance of the enterprise.
You should choose Enterprise if...
• You are interested in how businesses work and run
• You can think mathematically and logically
• You are focused, resilient, hard-working and able to solve problems
What qualifications will I achieve and what could I do afterwards?
You will achieve a BTEC Tech Award in Enterprise.
The course is an appropriate foundation for further study of the subject at A-level, BTEC Nationals, Apprenticeships and then onto University.
Job opportunities could include:
Setting up your own business, Human Resources, Business Consultant, Accountant, Teacher, Forensic Accountant, Business Manager, Banking, Project Manager.
(If you are viewing on mobile - please click here to download the departmental details)